How To Select Baby Monitors
Baby monitors offer peace of mind to parents just because through these devices they are able to keep an eye on baby even while she/he sleeps. If you have become a parent, then you need to buy a few important things for your baby, among which baby monitor is probably the most important. If you are thinking about how to select baby monitors, you should get some basic information about the monitors.
How to select baby monitors is not a big question. Try to become familiar with different types, features and technologies of baby monitors and choose a suitable one. Audio monitor, video monitor, movement, and breathing monitor are the major types of baby monitors. Audio monitor comes with alarm, which make you alert if the baby wakes-up or cries. Video monitors enable you to watch your baby even if you are away from it. You may consider some important features of baby monitors such as frequency band, multiple channels, sound lights, out-of-range indicator, low battery indicator, walkie-talkie and auto playback or music while selecting the monitor.
While thinking about how to select baby monitors, you can also consider its additional features such as colorful lights, soft music, temperature reading and remote control operation. You can also choose mobile monitors that you can carry them with you while moving from one room to another. While selecting a baby monitor, you should consider the expanse of your home. An average monitor function well upto a few rooms. You may go for the sophisticated version of monitor to cover a larger house.
Another important factor that you should keep in mind whenever you want to know how to select baby monitors is the non-interference technology. Many monitors become less effective because of cordless phones and cellular phones used within few blocks of neighborhood. You should opt for monitors that are equipped with multiple channels to deal with this problem.
You can also go for the baby monitors with additional facilities, some of which are mentioned below:
* A baby monitor with incorporated digital camera can show the video footage on the receiver and it works like the web cam.
* Some baby monitors are bi-directional which allow you to communicate back to your baby using transceivers.
* There are some monitors equipped with movement sensors fitted on the transmitter that allows it to warn about possible sudden infant death syndrome.
* If your baby has certain health problems, you can select baby heart monitors and baby breathing monitors.
* Today, some baby monitors are available with a vibrating alert on the receiver. Such type of monitor is very useful for people with hearing difficulties.
* You may also opt for the latest baby monitors with dial-up and internet connection.
* The look of monitor contributes a lot while selecting the baby monitor. Nowadays, several eye-catching models of baby monitors are available in the market.
* Today, wireless baby monitors are more preferred because they are easy to operate.
* You need to select the monitor with a frequency higher than 900 MHz.
Baby monitor can be considered vital for babies having asthma, breathing problems, sleep apnea or cystic fibrosis as such babies require constant monitoring.