In recent times cataracts removal surgery has seen a remarkable success rate, primarily due to the advances in medical sciences and technologies. In spite of the simplicity and accuracy of the procedure, you need to be a bit attentive and conscious to recover quickly from the cataracts removal surgery.
Tips for Quick Recovery from Cataracts Removal Surgery
After getting through with the cataracts removal surgery, just follow certain crucial guidelines that will help you making a quick and easy recovery from the procedure. These are:
- * Avoid driving after surgery – The effect of sedatives and anaesthetics will surely make you feel drowsy and disoriented. Moreover, the patch over your eye will further hinder your viewing, and you’ll feel weird for sometime after the surgery. In such a situation, avoid driving to your home alone, and call a friend who’ll take you home after the process gets over.
- * Avoid Removing the eye patch – Don’t remove the eye patch until your eye doctor instructs you to do so. The patch will keep your eye protected from external dust and other factors, and also help it rest after the procedure. Your eye-patch will be removed by the doctor during your first follow-up visit.
- * Avoid lifting heavy objects – Lifting heavy objects can cause damages to the stitches on your eye and can put serious strain over it. Your doctor will let you lifting heavy things and doing other such exhausting activities, only after ensuring that your incision has cured and you are in a good state to perform such tiring tasks.
- * Stay away from bright light – Always wear sunglasses while you go out, after the patch is removed. Sunlight can cause irritation to your operated eye, and even make it difficult to see. However, once in a while exposure to bright light won’t hinder the recovery process, but if you do it on a regular basis, it may cause troubles.
- * Follow doctor’s instructions – Take all the prescribed medicines on time, and follow the instructions of your doctor conscientiously. You might be required to use eye drops that will help in minimizing irritation and quick healing of the eye. Your doctor might also prescribe certain pain reliever or other medicines to treat post surgery inflammations, such mild pain, or swelling around the eye. Take proper rest and don’t indulge into strenuous tasks until your doctor allows you to do so.
These guidelines are of great significance for making a quick recovery from cataracts removal surgery. In addition to these handy suggestions, there are certain small things that need to taken care of, to ensure easy and fast recovery after the procedure. This includes-
- * Avoid rubbing your eyes after a few days of your surgery, as it may cause complications during new lens implant.
- * Make sure you are not allergic to the recovery medicines.
- *Always stay in touch with your doctor, to avoid any post surgery complications.
So, enjoy an easier recovery after the important surgery for cataracts, by following the above guidelines and tips, and ensure improved health for your eyes.