If you are working out of home or working at home, it can be challenging to take care of your little children and manage your work. Very often in the hustle bustle of everyday life, we tend to forget the things that can make life our little easier and a little more pleasant. Here are some tips on how you can take better care of your young one.
- Do not get hung up on the little things – If your child wants to wear only his purple pants with yellow shirt and black sandals to school, what is the harm in letting him do so? Of course, as parents you have to set the rules but if it does not endanger his health, you should learn to be a little flexible about it. Similarly if your child insists on taking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches everyday to school, let him. Very soon, he will outgrow this phase. Just make sure that you vary what he eats at dinnertime so that he can get all the essential nutrients that he needs.
- Your task should not be limited to just dropping the child off to school and then picking them up. Whenever your childcare provider can spare the time, meet up with her and inquire about the development of your child.
- If you are going to be taking your child to the child care center for the first time, make sure you have done all you could to make her comfortable with the idea. You could read books about the center, take her to the center when there are kids around and take efforts to answer all her questions. Your answers and attitude will determine what her expectations of you will be in the days to come.
- Be creative in your approach to problems. If your child has a problem getting ready in the morning you might want to let him or her sleep in their day clothes so that they wont be wasting time in the morning and you can get to your workplace in time.
If you take a look at most advice for mothers and fathers, it will contain tips and techniques on how to take care of your child. Very few discuss how important it is for parents also to take care of themselves. Here are a few tips on doing so.
- If you are not able to keep your house as perfectly clean as before nor able to cook nutritionally balanced meals, you should realize that these are not important and when time permits you will get back to them.
- Take help where you can and hire any help that you want. From house-cleaning to help with the laundry, you can hire many people who will be able to help you with housework.
- Bath everyday is a rushed affair. Once in a while, fill up the bath with perfumed bath bubbles and then just relax with a book in hand. Light some candles around you for an even more serene atmosphere.